The Skill Centre Program / Pre-Academy Program is designed to meet the needs of players that desire a more challenging and competitive playing environment. Our main goal for the skill centre program is to help each player reach their maximum potential in a challenging yet fun environment. This program follows the Suburban FC performance player pathway, and feeds players into our U13+ performance and academy teams.
This program is offered in 3 different options for the duration of 18 weeks starting on May 3rd.
Option 1: 1x Weekly + League
- This option is ideally for players who may be new to the sport and is looking to improve but not ready to commit to traninig more than once per week. Players will train on Thursdays and League games to be held on weekends.
Option 2: 2x Weekly + League
- This option is for the player who really enjoys the game and is committed to getting better. Players will train on Tuesdays and Thursdays with League games held on the weekend.
Option 3: 3x Weekly + League
- This option is geared towards ambitious players who are very committed to their individual development and pushing themselves to reach the highest levels of the game. Players will train on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays with League games held on the weekend.
**Please note: Players will have 1 week off during the last weekvof July (26th-30th) - Mid-Season Vacation Break**
Skill Centre - For players U7/U8/U9 ( Born in 2014 / 2013 / 2012 )
Option 1: $385
Option 2: $465
Option 3: $540
Skill Centre - For players U10/11 ( Born in 2011 / 2010 )
Option 1: $405
Option 2: $485
Option 3: $560
Pre-Academy - For players U12 ( Born in 2009 )
Option 1: $415
Option 2: $495
Option 3: $570
- Facility costs
- Coaches - Lead and assistants
- Registration with governing bodies (Soccer Nova Scotia & Canada Soccer)
- Training Equipment
- Administrative (operations, registration system, processing fees, etc.)
- League Fees (games, facilities, administration, etc.)
Schedule and Covid Health Check:
Start Date: May 4th.
Session 1: Champions League (Thursdays) - Time and Location TBD
Session 2: Practice #2 (Tuesdays) - Time and Location TBD
Session 3: Practice #3 (Wednesdays) - Time and Location TBD
Leage Games: Weekend times TBD
Once registered, please refer to your individual TeamSnap account where you will find all up to date schedule details - times, play days and locations. As well, players are required to complete the Covid health check, which is mandatory for anyone attending training. A TeamSnap walkthrough could be found below which outlines the check-in process as well as other features.
This program is lead by Josh Slate (Technical Director of Grassroots program) and assisted by technical trainers, youth coaches and volunteer coaches. All coaches are apart of Suburban FC's Coach Development Program.
If you are interested in coaching, please contact Josh @ email@example.com
- Ball Mastery
- Passing and Receiving - Both Feet
- Shooting - Both Feet
- Athletic Building
- 1v1 Mastery
- Small Sided Games
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEED TO KNOW
Need financial assistance?
** We are a non-profit soccer club and we strive to balance low program fees (as low as possible) with superior coaching and training opportunities. If our fees present a barrier for your player, we encourage you to contact Suburban FC at email@example.com to discuss payment options. There are also opportunities for financial support available through KidSport and Jumpstart **
What happens if there is bad weather and field closures?
** Unfortunately due to time constraints and COVID-19 restrictions, there will be no make-up sessions or pro-rated refunds due to poor weather / field closure. Field closures and extreme weather conditions are beyond our control. We will always strive to ensure that programming is offered when we have access to fields and it does not jeopardize the safety of our players. Any cancellations will be clearly communicated via TeamSnap. **